Inside: The Benefits of Goat Milk are Astounding. Truly. These 10 reasons are why you should look into drinking goat milk. Your body will thank you! Do you own goats? You can find more information about Raising Goats here!
The Benefits of Goat Milk are Astounding. Truly.
And isn’t it amazing that goat milk is the most widely drank milk in the world? A weird thought for most Americans.
It was a fun experience to watch as my 5-year-old cousin slowly “got it” and drank her first glass of goat milk.
She first slowly realized that my baby girl was drinking my milk, instead of formula from a bottle. And then as she watched and ask many questions, the light clicked on and she understood that milk from the store was from an animal. And finally, when asked if she wanted a glass of milk, her first response was, “But…it’s from the goats!” And now she is hooked 🙂
What do you need to know about the benefits of goat milk?
- Bio-Availability: Goat milk contains the protein A2 which makes it the closest form to human milk. Cow’s milk has the protein A1, which is highly inflammatory for some people.
- Causes less inflammation. The A2 protein produces no inflammatory effects.
- Smaller fat molecules make it easier to digest. When the protein enters the stomach, it is a softer curd than cows milk (2% is curd compared to 10% in cow’s milk)
- High in fatty acids (35% compared to 17% in cow milk) The high levels of medium-chain fatty acids produce an energy boost that isn’t stored as body fat.
- Helps lowers cholesterol AND increases good cholesterol. And is even said to have similar healing properties as olive oil!
- Contains more
- Vitamin A: Improves complexion, fights acne and improves overall skin health
- Zinc: Essential micro-nutrients contributing to the antioxidant defense and for the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases
- Selenium: Boosts immune system. Essential micro-nutrients contributing to the antioxidant defense and for the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases
- Calcium: More highly available leading to improvement in bone formation. 33% of daily recommended value as compared to 28% in cow’s milk.
- Phosphorus: More highly available leading to improvement in bone formation
- Oligosaccharides: Intestinal pre-biotics enhances the probiotic flora, creating a healthy intestinal environment
- Contains less
- Lactose: 4.1% compared to 4.7%
- Casein alpha 1: responsible for most allergies to cow’s milk
- Enhances Iron and copper absorption
- Promising treatment for (because of its ability to help the body use iron and boosts the regeneration of hemoglobin)
- Iron deficiency
- Magnesium deficiency
- Malabsorption issues
- Improves skin quality and health Vitamin A and the lactic acids both provide the skin with necessary ingredients to rid the body of dead skin cells and bad bacteria which will in turn lessen acne and brighten skin tone!
Add all of that to the benefits of raw milk, and phew! do you have a good deal going for your body!
Be astounded! Drink raw milk…but not just raw milk, raw GOAT milk! 🙂
You can add this to the reasons YOU need a goat! Just helping you out 😉 Sometimes all we need is a helpful list of reasons to convince other family members who aren’t so sure about our wonderfully, craz….er…creative ideas!
If you are on a journey to self-sufficiency, you may be interested in our free resource page for homesteaders. It is password protected and updated weekly. So take a moment and sign up below. You will receive an email shortly and will be able to download and print all the helpful resources. 🙂
I also would love to know what would help you. What can we add to our resource page to make your life that much easier? Email me your ideas: [email protected]
If you would like a sneak peek into our resource page: